Monday, January 23, 2006

Kobe and other news and notes

Well I haven’t updated by blog in about a week and Kobe Bryant and Chris Rodgers, unfortunately through unrelated incidents, have forced me to write something. So here’s a little something something for all you out there. (Be forewarned, most of these posts will probably be related to sports. So if you’re the artsy type best stay away from this post.)

- Kobe Bean Bryant. KOBE F*CKING BRYANT. Kobe “I scored 81 points in a meaningful game and just proved that I’m probably the greatest individual talent in the history of the NBA” Bryant. I f*cking hate Kobe Bryant. And yet, he scored 81 f*cking points. I can’t really find anything meaningful or semi-intelligent to say about it. So I just type the f word over and over again in an attempt to show extreme emphasis. Kobe has reduced me to a stuttering, incoherent, babbling idiot. Now I know what that girl from Colorado felt like(minus the slut part)* 81 Points. What’s most amazing about all of this is the fact that he only shot 20 free throws and only took 46 shots. GAWD DAMN. (More on this later…)
- Chris f*cking Rodgers. (For those of you scoring at home the f word here is used more out of scorn and anger then the shock and amazement usage you witnessed in the above paragraph). Chris is obviously f*cked up in the head. I don’t want to talk about this much, but I will say this. While Arizona is a far less talented team with out him, chemistry, offensive ball movement and likeability has gone through the roof with out him. Also if you haven’t read the e-mail he sent to the news stations in Tucson, track it down. It’s a hoot.
- Speaking of Arizona basketball it looks like Mustafa Shakur has finally turned a corner. With the exception of the UCLA game, in which he apparently had the flu, he’s looked like the best PG in the Pac-10 since league play started. I also apologize for jinxing him. I’m an idiot.**
- I’m currently working up the courage to go and see “Brokeback Mountain”. Anyone who would like to go see it with me contact me and don’t tell my mother about all of this.
- You heard it here first Harrison Ford’s Firewall will be the best movie of 2006. I’m basing this solely on the fact that Harrison kicks a lot of a$$. And yes I have a huge man crush on him. I mean c’mon!
- I wish I had something of note to say about the Superbowl, but Sunday’s game were boring as all hell. So I got nothin’ for ya.
- I’ve racked my brain I and I can’t come up with a single reason as to why Kobe should get sh*t on for his performance. Outside of the fact that he’s gone on the record saying that he told the woman in the Colorado hotel room to kiss his penis***. His team sucks. He took most of the shots with in the flow of the game. And the game itself was close until the final 2 ½ minutes. On yeah and his team was down by 19 or so when he started going off. I hate Bryant, but no one can fault him here with out coming off as a complete jackass.
- So in case you haven’t noticed I’ve grown rather fond of footnotes. If anyone can think of a better way to do that please let me know.
- Well that’s it for now. See ya ‘round readers.

Until We Meet Again

* Bazing! And yes that was a rape joke. What can I say? I hold a grudges.
** For those of you saying: But what about the Cal game? Well that doesn’t really count because everyone played like absolute sh*t that game. So the whole team gets a free pass on this one.
*** That’s 2 biatch!

No comments: