Wednesday, May 10, 2006

The Rasheed Wallace of Loews Ventana Canyon Resort

CTC. Cut the check. How could any of us forget the once infamous words of ‘Sheed telling the world that the only thing that mattered to him was getting paid. I know I can’t. Rasheed said this back when he was playing for the Portland Trailblazers, mere months away from being shipped to Detroit via hotlanta. And just look at him now, he’s the X-Factor, toughest match up and arguably the best player on the best team in the league. So what does all this have to do with you and me? Well I really don’t know or care how it relates to you to you, but as for me, I can no longer relate to ‘Sheed. Even though I’ve never smoked pot*, I found it much easier to relate to the Portland version of ‘Sheed. He was a man that was complete insane and completely honest.. He only cared about one thing and one thing only: gettin’ paid. Which brings us back to myself and Loews Ventana Canyon Resort (LVCR for short). While I still do my job, my effort is getting more and more half assed. Like the old ‘Sheed all I care about is my pay check, which are getting smaller and smaller do to less people staying at the resort. And when I’m honest with myself, there’s really no reason for me to try any harder then I currently am. I’m suppose to bridge the gap from the evening crew to the a.m. crew. My main duty is making sure the morning crew isn’t over whelmed when they get in and covering the p.m. crews arses. But here’s the problem with all that, there’s not single redeemable person in the entire staff of people I work with. There’s butt f*ck Chuck, the am crew’s manager who’s so gay he’s almost over doing it. He spends his entire day eating and flirting with boys and over weight women. Needless to say I’m extremely jealous. In fact the entire morning crew us pretty much a train wreck. The only semi-redemable person is this one over weight chica, but I’m pretty sure she talks sh*t about me in Spanish to the other over weight chicas**. Then there’s the pm shift, who might be an even more motley crew. They’re lead my a manager whose going through mid-life crisis so badly that I’m half convinced it’s an act. Despite the fact that’s he’s balding pretty badly he still tries to spike his hair up and pretend like nothings wrong. I’m also pretty sure that he dies his hair, but I can’t prove it. Then there’s the Chinese guy I work with, who despite being married and having a four month old child insists of giving be a recap of all the ‘tits’ in the room he just delivered food to. And we haven’t even touched on the goofy foreigner, the whinny/emo/constantly bitching about something guy., or the biker guy whose hearing is so shot he shouts everything he says and repeats every sentence to you at least 4 times. Wait, I forgot there is one redeemable soul in this gawd awful work place. That would be the heavy set cashier who has impeccable music taste and is extremely funny. But other then that I doubt I’d shed a tear if I never saw the rest of my co-workers. And now on to NBA playoffs thoughts and other news.

- Two years in a row I’ve thought Steve Nash probably didn’t deserve the MVP, and two years in a row he’s used the playoffs to prove me wrong. In related news I apologize to all Suns fans out their as I no doubt just jinxed the man.
- What’s the difference between Tony Parker and Steve Nash defensively? Tim Duncan, Robert Horry and Bruce Bowen. Both Nash and Parker are horrible defenders, but one player just has a plethora of great defenders around him so he doesn’t look half as bad. PG defenense is the easiest to cover up, you just need good defenders in other spots to be able to cover for him. Remember this next year when Nash is flanked by Raja Bell and Shawn Marion on the wings and Kurt Thomas and Amare Stoudamire in the post and everyone’s talking about how much he’s improved as a defender.
- Pat Riley should be fired for not putting a single decent defender or shooter around D-Wade and Shaq. It was painful to watch both of them get quadruple teamed by the Nets and have no one to kick it out to. That said if RJ’s not 100% healthy the Heat will take this series in 6.
- Fearless prediction: If Dallas somehow upsets San Antonio, the Suns are going to the NBA finals. Steve Nash won’t let his team lose to the Mavericks and all in all the Suns are the worst possible match up for them. But Dallas isn’t going to get by San Antonio, so it doesn’t really matter.
- If you enjoy basketball pray that RJ is healthy so the Nets have a chance at up ending the Pistons and we can be spared from yet another Piston-Spurs finals.

Well that’s it for now. Enjoy watching the Suns attempt to reach 200 points tonight.

Until We Meet Again

* Mainly because I’m certain I’d enjoy it far too much.
** For those of you scoring at home, that’s 3 heavy set Latino women that I work with in the morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good stuff man. thank you I think. I'll keep checking in on your mad blogging. (even though you just had to refer to me as the "heavy set" guy) love, jon