Monday, August 18, 2008

Six Word Memoirs (of My Summer)

At some point during my 3 months absence from the world of blogging I stumbled upon a book called Not Quite What I Was Planning: Six-Word Memoirs by Writers Famous and Obscure. As you already should have figured out, this book is made up six-word memoirs from people of all different ages, walks of life, etc. Now I didn’t buy this book, for the same reason I don’t shop at places like Table Talk and Sharper Image, but I was fairly intrigued/amused by the premise of it. So in the spirit of this book I’m just going to give you all a 6 word synopsis of the major events in my life that transpired since I last wrote.


Life


Summer Camp: Not like ‘Wet Hot American Summer’


Current Unemployed: Half-heartedly searching for return to misery


My Return to the Blogesphere: Lazy, but too legit to quit


Music


Spiritualized - Songs in A & E: Already a transcendent album for me


Blind Pilot – 3 Rounds and a Sound: How did Sub Pop miss them?


Mason Jennings – In the Ever: Miles better then his last one


Fleet Foxes – Foxes: Too early for Neil Young Comparisons?


Attending the Mile High Music Festival


Josh Ritter: The man from Idaho rocks, hard


Lupe Fiasco: Only black man at the festival


Andrew Bird: On different level then everyone else


Tom Petty: 300 yards away, still Free Falling


Movies


Dark Knight: Holy F*cking Sh*t (x2)


Indiana Jones 4: Lucas and Spielberg can blow me


Wall-E: I completely and unashamedly loved it


Sports


1st Week of the Olympics: Rooting for America out of obligation.


Missing the NBA Finals: Kobe and Boston, f*ck ‘em both


Ok so a couple of these are truly embarrassing, but I’m ok with that. This was a nice easy way for me to back in to this. There’s better things to come, I promise.


Until We Meet Again

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm commenting on your blog. Marko.