Saturday, May 07, 2005

Everything That’s Beautiful Dies Too Soon

It’s been awhile this I posted anything of substance, and I’m still not sure if I have anything I need to say. My finals week is coming up, so this blog will be updated far less then normal (or far more as I’ll use it as a means of procrastination, we’ll just have to wait and see.) My advertiser recently mentioned to me that readership of my blog has gone down. I told them all not to worry. Because for a while you all can go off and get your cheap laughs at Randy, or give Luke your pity laughs. But in the end, when it’s all said and done and the dust settles* you’ll all come back to me. Because we all know that your love affair with other blogs won’t last long. Eventually you’ll realize those other blogs are just flavors of the weeks and you’ll come rushing back to me. The comfort you felt here that unnerved you so much it caused all of you to flee is something you’ll deeply miss. You’ll return to me dear reader because I’m the only one who knows your true self. I’m the only blogger who allows you to unwind and be who you want to be, not who other bloggers are trying to force you to be. So when you realize you’re not running to someone, just running away from the place where you feel safe**, let me be the first to say: Welcome Back.

Until We Meet Again

* Did I forget any clichés?
** Which dear reader, is just plain wrong. Why would you run from safety? The world is a cold dark place. Come back and allow me to be the shinny beckon of light. Forget your worries and relax, I’m going make everything ok

No comments: