Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Youtubing It

I’m extremely busy/lazy this week, so instead of taking the time to formulated an opinion on something, I’m just going to post a bunch of youtube videos and then make some comments on the videos. Enjoy?

The Elbow Heard Round the World:


I should start by saying that I don’t think this was as malicious as it looks. A lot of people want to make it out to be something much worse than it actually was in order to tarnish Duke’s image. All that happened here, in my opinion, is that Henderson went up to deliver a hard foul and things went south, and he ended up smacking the sh*t out of Hansbrough.

I don’t think there was any intent on Henderson’s part to harm; he just wanted to get out his frustrations because his team blows. I think watching it in super-slow motion makes it look a lot worse then it actually was. Also, you’ve got to love Coach K’s comment about how it was unfortunate that Hansbrough was in the game. If Hansbrough had any of the training for life that Coach K gives his players, he obviously would have subbed himself out of the game. Anyhow, this topic is already beaten to death by everyone, and I’m tired of talking about it. So we’ll move on to the next video/topic after this quickly-compiled list of things stronger than Tyler Hansbrough’s face:

Dollar Store Sunglasses
Britney Spear’s psyche
Tom Brady’s Catholic faith
OJ’s resolve to find the real killer
Obhama’s chance of winning Alabama (or any southern state for that matter)
Anna Nicole’s… (Never mind. This list already shows that I’m a horrible person, I won’t finish off this joke.)

Bing Bong Bros:


I really have nothing else to add here, except that I’ve seen this video 30+ times and it still makes me laugh every time.

Before watching the next videos, it would behoove you to read the first couple paragraphs of the following link just so you know what the hell is going on: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wizard_People%2C_Dear_Readers

Wizard People, Dear Readers:
Troll -

HP v. Snake –


First, let me just say that this guy is clearly insane and has (or had) an ungodly amount of time on his hands in order to do this. That said, this is one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen. I lose it every time I hear the “You will be schooled here” line in the second video. I’m still not really sure what to do with this, but I feel like it’s something everyone should see. Especially Harry Potter fans, which is a group I’m included in.

My only fear is that I may never be able to take the Harry Potter movies seriously again after watching this. Now I realize there’s a lot to dissect in that last sentence, namely the part about me taking a children’s book about magic seriously. Well, um, yeah. Funny videos, huh?

Beautiful Liar:


Instead of writing out my thoughts here, I’m just going to regurgitate a conversation that my African-American co-worker Rick and I had the first time we saw this video.

Me: Hey, they’re showing a new video by Beyonce and Shakira.

Rick: Oh hell no.*

(About a minute and a half goes by as we both continue to stare at the screen in silence)

Me: This is just unfair. It’s like someone is trying to systematically wipe out 95% of the males between the ages of 13-17 with this video. I mean, you just can’t have the two sexiest women in pop music together in the same video writhing on the floor. It’s just unfair.

Rick: Yeah, them boys’ hearts and pants are going to explode at the same time.

(Another minute passes in silence)

Me: Yeah…

(Video finally ends)

Rick: Gawd damn that sh*t is hot!**


UofA One Shinning Moment:


I only have a few things to add here:

1.) I’d be lying if I said I didn’t get a little choked up during this whole montage.

2.) Miles Simon was and still is a massive tool. I’m actually glad he never amounted to anything in the NBA.

3.) The mustache the anchor was sporting was truly unbelievable. Even for 1997 that bad boy was heavily dated.

4.) The only scenes of “One Shinning Moment” our current U of A team will be featured in will be clips of opposing teams lighting us up because we play almost no defense, especially on the perimeter.

On that note, I’m out. Also, be warned that March Madness will dominate this space for the next few weeks. So if you’re not interested in the best 3 Weeks of Sports all year, I’d advice you to stay away.

Until We Meet Again.

* I think my favorite thing about black people is that they say “hell no” for both good and bad things. I’ve tried doing this and it just doesn’t have the same effect. Life is just so unfair.

** That entire exchange was verbatim, except I’m not sure about the last line. I feel confident that Rick actually said that, but I also just maybe sub-consciously stereotyping him as a “Token Black Guy” in my head, which is why I think he said that. Well, only God really knows what Rick said at the end of the video.

No comments: