Thursday, March 17, 2005

March Madness Day 1 Recap.

Here's my recap. To be honest most of the day has kinda blurred together, so if everything's not coherent I apologize. Here goes:

- Worst Idea since White Chicks: Spring Break Shark Attack. Seriously who green lighted this?
- Best Idea: Miller Light's Taste Loss ads.
- Best Commercial: The one with the cute blond girl skating and drinking diet coke. Great girl, great song, good commercial. I’d be ok with seeing this commercial another 100 times, seriously that's how much I enjoy it.

- Worst Commercial: The trailer for Guess Who.
- Best Set of Games: 3RD Set, 1st night games. Chattanooga, Utah St. and Winthrop, a 15 and 14 seed all 3 leading at the half, with 2 of them making legit games out of it. Throw in the Texas-Nevada thriller (even though the ending was anti-climatic) and you had a spectacular set of games. To make things better I was at Champs Restaurant and Bar, which had 4 games on at once. Combine that with the St. Patty’s day atmosphere and some girl wailing away on the bag pipes and I was in heaven.
- Player of the Day: Adam Morrison, Gonzaga. This kid made about every big play imaginable for the Zags. He kept then in it in the first half with several hard drives where he finished his shots despite a whole lot of contact and no fouls called. Then with the game on the line in the closing minutes he buries a back breaking 3 to put Gonzaga up 6 and killing Winthrop’s momentum. Runner up: This goes to Utah’s Andrew Bogut, who was triple teamed the entire day, even when he didn’t have the ball. This guy is the best college big man I’ve seen since Tim Duncan, if he gets on the right NBA team he could really go places.
- Game of the Day: Thanks to Chicago’s CBS affiliate, I was stuck watching the Illinois-FDU, all of it. Even though it was clearly over with 10 minutes left. I got to see a whopping 40 seconds of the West Virginia-Creighton duel. Thanks you CBS, you ruined my day. Runner Up: Utah vs. UTEP.
- Worst Moment: Me, being stuck in class as the tourney started, even so I didn’t miss any of the games (aside from the first half’s of the first set of games.) I swear I’ve never seen a clock move slower, it was like I was at a funeral, time itself seemed to stop. Just an awful moment.
- Highlights of the Day: After Dee Brown (of Illinois) was called for a charge, instead of complaining about the terrible call, he went and helped up the player who he knocked over. If you didn’t see it just trust me, it was a great moment. Hassan Adams’ alley oop dunk. Anyone of Cincinnati’s big man (Maxielle is his last name, don’t remember his first name.) blocks against Iowa. West Virginia’s game winning dunk. Tonight’s episode of TILT. Two attractive brunets coming by at Champs handing out St. Patty day hats and clovers. Anytime you see a girl in Illinois baring midriff before May it’s cause for celebration, yowza. I’m sure there were others, but right now my head is starting to hurt, maybe too much basketball!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
- Day’s Lowlights: Being stuck in class(see above), Arizona making Utah St. look like they were running the Princeton offense on steroids in the 1st half, my school holding their thurs. worship service in the student center, where are big screen TV is (side note: the service is called FAT, I’m not sure if it’s an acronym or not. I’m looking into). Despite there being loads of attractive women who were actually working at Champs , my table got stuck with so dumpy chick who was mildly pissed at the world.
- My Record on the Day: 13-3. My losses were: Iowa, Texas, UCLA. I still have all my Sweet 16 teams in, although I expect that to change. Anyhow all in all a good day, but tomorrow better will be better. Peace.

Note: Everyone be sure to visit my boy sam’s,::pounds fists into forehead ala Q andD-Miles::, blog - thesoulsasylum.blogspot.com. And for those of you who I know who also have blogs be patient, your shout out is coming.

4 comments:

sam said...

im surprised you didnt make a pointed comment toward ladiesman Pak of Utah State

Calvin said...

You're absolutly right, I missed that one.

Bryan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bryan said...

cal - i need to hear your thoughts on the sweet 16...patiently yours...bryan