Thursday, April 07, 2005

The Gymnast, High Above the Ground

Well I’m going to see the Decemberists and Okkervil River tonight, which means I need to give you all my newest Hot List installment.

Things I’m hot on: Uproar.com’s Family Feud game (This game will own your soul, seriously it deserves it’s own post), Myself, Europe – The Final Countdown, Bruce Webber’s voice, The Real Cancun (still), Joe Firstman, Randy’s blog (chooseyourownmanifesto.blogspot.com), I ♥ Huckabees (Maybe), Sin City, Bandannas (a.k.a. Bandizzys), Sunrises, The Onion’s news in short on Terri Shiavo (Note: Extremely Tasteless), MVP Baseball 2005 for Gamecube and Johnny Cash’s cover of One.

Things I’m not hot on ( a.k.a. The Not Hot List): 50 Cent – The Candy Shop, Chris Rodgers, Jason Hughes, My tool box friend who looks like the lead singer of Maroon 5 (Or so he’s told), JLO’s a$$, Shawn Green’s season ending injury in my MYP Baseball 2005 dynasty, The fact that Shaq’s biological didn’t bother, Joan Bonvicini, Asians (still) and Beck’s new album Guero.

Things I’m hot on, but really wish I wasn’t (a.k.a Guilty Pleasures): The Coach K commercial where the re-live Laetner’s shot in the guy’s driveway (ya know which one), Using the word ‘pooper’ in a sexual way, Fake Emo glasses, Ebay, Weezer, Justin Timberlake, Ashlee Simpson – Pieces of Me, Baseball season and the war on terrorism.

Until We Meet Again

3 comments:

Bryan said...

cal - okkervil is great...ive seen them a couple of times and they go all out...60% of the time...they give 110%...all the time. im not too hot on the decemberists especially since they opened for pixies and were lame-o....but who wouldnt be lame just before black francis takes the stage...by the way you better start being hot on chris rodgers because he is taking us to the championship next year..."I want to make sure next time we're going to be at the Final Four,'' said guard Chris Rodgers, after the annual Lame for a Game exhibition at McKale on Thursday. "We're going to have a nasty defense and win a championship."

sam said...

i cant believe you threw away our thing we had summer of '04 when we listened top Ashley
Simpson's "Pieces of Me" together and swore that we would never be apart. also do you think shaq's biological really should have bothered or do you think it best that he didnt? i dont know it really is a tough call.

Calvin said...

Aaron,
Bryan is my god-son/older brothers friend. He's legit, an SD man like yourself, trust me. And don't worry about Randy's blog, I've just been over emotional lately. Oh and I made it to level 11 of the batting mini-game with Mannny R.