Thursday, April 28, 2005

Hot Stuff Coming Through

Now that crisis has narrowly been evaded at my college, I figure it’s time for another hot list.

Things I’m hot on:

Dirk Nowitzki’s NBA Playoffs ad: If you haven’t seen it yet, you’re missing out. He calls the NBA Championship trophy a ton of times, telling it that he loves it and wants to be with it. On paper, not really funny, but Dirk is pure unadulterated gold in this commercial, trust me.

Kung Fu Hustle: Plain and simple, the story sucked. But the actions scenes were probably the coolest and most original I’ve ever seen. Also, what’s not to like about Kung Fu(besides the Asians of course.).

I’ll Be Your Huckleberry: The scene in Tombstone where Val Killmer says this line, gets me everytime.

Music: This is the section where I give my musical shout outs, here goes…
Spoon – I Turn My Camera On, Stereophonics – Dakota, Ladybug Transistor – Oceans in the Hall, Josh Rouse – Flight Attendant, Decemberists – On the Bus Mall, Blink 182 – Damnit (F*** all of you for judging me,, I am who I am.), Tom Petty – Something in the Air, Snow Patrol – Mahogany, Joe Firstman – After Los Angeles, Third Eye Blind – Loosing a Whole Year (See the Blink 182 song), Frausdots – Dead Wrong and Bastard Sons of Johnny Cash – Last Goodbye.

Things I’m not hot on ( a.k.a. The Not Hot List):

The fact that I’m either gay or A Sexual at best: More on this later, I’m not sure if I’m ready to talk about this. No it’ll be a while…

Smoking: Before any of you get the wrong idea, I absolutely love smoking. But with my campus being a dry and pure air campus, I have to walk at least ten minutes to smoke, which is a hardcore pain in the ass. And once I get off campus and behind the motel which I smoke at, I have my head on a swivel as I’m looking around to make sure no one from my school is around. I can’t really even enjoy the grits anymore, which is just a damn shame.

Indians: I know I’ve been over this before, but this time I have a fun story. My senior year of high school basketball at regionals is our setting. We’re playing a team from the Sells Indian reservation, and they had probably close to 500 fans in the gym. So late in the game while my boy Will was at the foul line, I went over to talk to my coach. Since it had been a rough game an abundance of sweet was resting on the ball. Before he shot his free throws Will asked the officials to wipe the ball off, b/c of all the sweat. As this was happening a rather large Indian man stood up right behind my coach and yelled “It’s not sweat it’s the cum on our hands faggot.”. Needless to say I immediately started to dry heave. Good times.

Things I’m hot on, but really wish I wasn’t (a.k.a Guilty Pleasures):

Felicity, Season 2: Even more evidence that I’m probably gay, but I don’t care. I half way through the season, 3 discs, 12 eps, and the show has it’s handcuffs firmly encased on me, and I’m not even putting up a fight.

Star Wars Episode III Trailer: Personally I can’t wait for this movie and I’m not really ashamed of that. But me acting like a kid on Christmas morning every time I see the trailer just makes me feel like the huge virgin I am. Yep.

My ‘Back to the Future’ Fan Fiction: I don’t have any yet, but the mere thought of it is a guilty pleasure.

Until We Meet Again

2 comments:

Luke said...

My Lord, Felicity taught me what a woman was.

Here's the real question that defines your worth: Ben or Noel?

Calvin said...

Wow. Now that's a loaded question. While my head and gut say Noel, if I chose him I'd always be left wondering what could have been with Ben. And what if things don't pan out with Ben? Or I realize I'm a better match with Noel then I am with Ben. Noel's way to vindictive to give me another chance. So there's the answer to your question, I don't have one.