Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Hallelujah

Every once in a while a man feels whole, complete. He feels as if the world stops turning and all the stars of align to shine just on him. For me that moment was around 6:45-7:10 on Tuesday the 12th of April, 2005. My day had been pretty sh*tty so far. I had gotten free tickets to a Cubs game, but it was rained out. F*** the Midwest. And a slew off other misfortunes had befalling me this day as well. So as I sat down to play game 3 of my divisional series against the Mets (I’m the Diamondbacks), I had little reason to expect anything good to happen. But when it was all said and done as the dust settled and the smoke cleared, God was smiling down on me. Casey Fossum, with me at the helm, pitched the game of his young life, of any life for that matter. Despite his offense only giving him a single run of support, Casey came out victorious. And he did something that’s as rare as finding a girl in Illinois with a real tan, he pitched a perfect game!!!! That’s right, he faced 27 batters and didn’t walk a single one of them, nor did he allow any of them to reach base. Following the game Casey was immediately signed to a luxurious 3 year contract as D-Backs management hopes for future days like the current one. Although it’s unlikely that any will be as great as today.

- Back tomorrow as I’ll continue with my music list, which everyone seemingly could give 2 shits about. Well tough luck, it’s my (expletive deleted) blog.

Until We Meet Again

1 comment:

Luke said...

This is truly the saddest post I have ever read.

I'm talking Asdell levels of sadness.