Monday, September 12, 2005

Hurricane Katrina

Remember after 9/11 when they stopped playing a bunch of songs on the radio because they were deemed offensive in some way or another. Well in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina I’ve compiled a list of songs that clear channel may want to stop playing for awhile. So now with out further ado, here’s my Hurricane Katrina mix.

Disclaimer: I realize this is a tragedy. I’ve given money to the Red Cross, I’m constantly in prayer for the victims of Hurricane Katrina. This list is my attempt at black comedy. It maybe in extremely poor taste, and poorly timed, but sometimes greatness requires great risk taking. I apologize to anyone who might be offended. I only intended this for comical purposes.

1. Jars Clay – Flood (Yeah you should probably stop reading now.)
2. Belle & Sebastian – Get Me Away from Here I’m Dying
3. Bob Dylan – Hurricane
4. Led Zeppelin – When the Levy Breaks
5. Badly Drawn Boy – Wet, Wet, Wet
6. Silver Jews – New Orleans
7. M. Ward – So Much Water
8. BJ Thomas – Rain Drops Keep Falling on my Head
9. David Gray – Dead in the Water
(I felt really bad about this one.)
10. Fruit Bats – The Wind that Blew My Heart Away
11. Hillary Duff – Let the Rain Fall Down
12. Fountains of Wayne – Sink to the Bottom
13. Poor Rich Ones – Drown
14. Pixies – Wave of Mutilation


So Now that you all know I’m destined for hell, have a great day.

Until We Meet Again

No comments: