Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Notes and Thoughts:

Here’s a small sampling of the things that occupied my mind during Labor Day weekend, along with wondering if my half brother remembered his morals in Los Angeles.

· Wouldn’t golf be a far more enjoyable/watchable sport if the announcers just randomly cursed, while maintaining their oh so calm voices. Example: “Holy f*cking sh*t that was a nice putt by Davis Love III”
· Remember a couple years back when there was up roar from the black community about the fact that there were no Hurricanes named after African-American names. Well I’ve decided to do something about that and I will now only refer to Hurricane Katrina as Hurricane Jawanda
· Thanks to the Hurricane Jawanda every sports journalist feel obligated to point out to us ‘that it’s times like these that make us remember football is just a sport.’ So you’re telling me you need a natural disaster or a war to remind you that sports, even at the professional level, are nothing more then entertainment? I’m mean I takes sports very seriously, some almost to a religious extent (U of A), but at no point in my life have I needed an act of God to make me realize it wasn’t anything more then sports.
· In case you didn’t realize, saying I followed some sports religiously was hyperbole.
· As a man who’s 1/64 Indian I’m personally offended by the Atlanta Braves mascot name…
· There are few things worse in life then the post-working out diarrhea.
· I often confuse melancholy with depression.
· Kareem Abdul-Jabar has been hired as a special assistant to the LA Lakers*. Am I the only one confused by the title of 'special' assistant? Is this an attempt to alienate the other assistants? Why does Kareem get this honorary title and no one else? Or is the all for show, and that's why the special title is given? Please, can someone fill me in on this.
· On paper, and from the trailer, I think it’s safe to say that ‘The Man’ will probably be one of the worst movies of all-time.
· If I get a cell phone from U.S. Cellular does that mean I’m supporting Joan Cusack, who is the company’s spokes person. And if it does, can I even look myself in the mirror from here on out.
· How happy was William Dafoe when he found out about his role in ‘Boondock Saints’? Seriously that’s the role he was made to play, and he was allowed to be as flamboyant as he wanted to be with out it taking away from his character. I believe that the only time an actor could have been happier about a role was when Doug E. Doug learned of his role in Cool Runnings.
· Is it a bad sign if I got scared by the trailer of “The Exorcism of Emily Rose”?

Well that’s it for now. Until We Meet Again.
* http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2150035

No comments: