Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Well here’s my newest hot list.

Things I’m hot on:

Sufjan Stevens: Wow, what a man. I wasn’t terribly familiar with Illinois, his latest album, when I saw him live, but wow. This was easily one of the three best shows I’ve ever seen. The guys really good and if you have a chance to go see him do so, I promise you won’t regret it. I’m not going to say anything else about the show b/c there’s no way I’ll do it justice.

Kanye West – Late Registration: Quickly approaching the “Holy F*cking Sh*t” level.

Salinger: First I read Catcher in the Rye, about two years too late but it was still great, and I’m halfway through Franny and Zoey which is rocking my socks off. So yeah.

Music: Elizabethtown Soundtrack, Castle Old Chair – Sad Pants: Don’t let the name fool you, this is not an emo album, just really good music. Tim Booth – Bone, Crooker Fingers – Dignity & Shame: I’d forgotten how great this album is, Hayden – Elk Lake Serenade, Silver Jews – Tanglewood Numbers: This album isn’t as good as all the others, but it’s growing on me. Especially Punks in the Beerlight and I’m getting back into getting back into you.

Arrested Development Season 3: One episode in and I’m hooked, this show has yet to miss a beat, just amazing.

Things I’m not hot on ( a.k.a. The Not Hot List):

Girls who wear dresses: It’s one thing if you have date, or it’s Sunday and you went to church. But if it’s Thursday and the only place your going is to the cafeteria, then why the f*ck are you so overdressed? Listen we understood that you were lady like when you refused to put out, wearing the dress is just overkill.

The new Deathcab CD: Against my better judgment I gave this Cd a listen and wow, it blew a$$. I mean it made Transatlantacisim look pretty good by comparison. This band is doing everything in its power to make me forget how good the Forbidden Love EP is.

Tampon commercials: That sh*t is gross!!!?!!?!?!?

Things I’m hot on, but really wish I wasn’t (a.k.a Guilty Pleasures):

Yahoo Pool: I currently lead a very sad life.

My Ipod: Not only does it keep me company when I leave my room, but it has also saved me from several stop and talks. But b/c I feel like an a-hole hipster for always having it with me, it has to be labeled as a guilty pleasure.

Until Next We Meet Again

No comments: